In which I round up my completions and progress on this list from goals fifteen through twenty-six.
15. Create a schedule for reviewing credit reports, follow for two years – Completed in Effect
I didn’t make the two year time limit on this goal, but I did watch the three credit reports for both myself and the hubs before we bought a house, which was my original purpose for this goal. Of course, it’s something that you’re supposed to do all of the time so that you can keep your credit history correct and clean, so I’d like to get back in the swing of things in 2014. It takes a few minutes each time, and can prevent a lot of harm — but it is just so easy to blow off as well.
17. Reach 150 hours on the Wii fit – Completed in Effect
Can I just say right off the bat that I still hate exercising? Hate it. Have never enjoyed it, feel that I will never enjoy it. I’ve gotten into a pretty good habit, though, and I think that I need it. I felt a big difference on our trip to Ireland when knee wasn’t hurting at the end of the day, and I certainly start gaining weight back when I have lapses in my routine for some reason or another. So I’m counting it completed for the habit, but not completed for the goal as written — I think that I’ve logged about 88 hours on the EA Sports Active and 36.5 on the Wii fit for a grand total of 124.5 hours. I’ve spent over FIVE DAYS of my adult life deliberately exercising, hating every minute of it. Go me, I guess.
18. Open a store credit card – Completed 1/29/11
20. Find a general practice doctor and dentist and have initial appointments – In Progress
This one is a half completion — I went to an appointment for a new general practice doctor, but haven’t gone to a new dentist. Terrible, I know. The worst part of it is that I didn’t even like the office for the general practice doctor, so I’m still on the look-out for something better. I was surprised at how much of a pain it was to find someone nearby who was actually taking new patients. I really wanted to point out that I hadn’t been to a doctor in five years, so I wasn’t exactly going to be a burden on their schedules!
21. Take a home-buying class or seminar – Completed 3/24/12
23. Update our joint finances to start a someday-kids fund, among others – Completed 1/24/11
24. Complete two sets of note cards from my stash – In Progress
I worked on this one, but I didn’t complete any boxes. But I think I only added one new set of cards since that time, so I haven’t completely wasted my efforts on reducing my card stash. If only I was better at dropping a line regularly, I’d knock this one out in no time!
25. Get a passport with my semi-new last name – Completed 2/12
26. Make sure I’m up to date on all immunizations – Completed 5/13
I took care of this when I went to my general practice doctor’s appointment. Apparently it is not a question adults ask very often, because he looked at me like I was an idiot. I probably need a booster soon, but otherwise, I’m all set.